Alumni community - Your strong network
In the alumni community you will always feel at home
Graduates of the the University of Oulu with a bachelor's, master's, a licentiate, a specialist or a doctorate degree, and those who have accomplished MBA or eMBA are all our alumni. All graduates are welcome to become members of the alumni community, no matter if a day or decades have passed since your graduation.
By joining the UniOulu Alumni Community you ensure that you stay up-to-date on university news, research, lifelong learning and events. The members of the alumni community share the same backround trough their studies at the University of Oulu, so you will always feel at home in the community. If your old classmate is not yet a member, you can invite them. The alumni network also provides important information about the placement of our alumni in working life.
- There are no joining and membership fees.
- You can search for your old classmates and easily keep in touch with them. Exchanging experiences is always worthwhile. You can even arrange a class reunion!
- You can get to know new people who share the same interests.
- You can subscribe to the University of Oulu newsletter and other communications. This way you can keep track of what’s happening at your alma mater, and what there is to offer for alumni.
By subscribing to the University of Oulu newsletter and other communications you
- get information about current news at the university and your faculty, as well as invitations to seminars, conferences and other events where you can network with other experts
- stay up to date on current research at the university
- get information about continuing education opportunities to strengthen your own expertise
- will receive an invitation to open events and alumni celebrations (eg. class reunions) directly to your e-mail
- will receive information about student mentoring, visitor lecturer calls and other opportunities to provide information about working life to our current students
- can provide feedback by participating in career monitoring surveys of the university and your own field.
By subscribing to communications of your own interest, we can stay in touch regularly. So keep track of your email.
How to get started
In order to join, choose "Request invitation" on the main page and fill in the application form. Registration is a two-step process. Check your e-mail folders for approval message and further instructions.
As soon as you have completed the forms, log in to the community platform and check your profile information and settings and adjust your communication settings.
Connect with other alumni if you wish. All members are your automatically your connections. The community platform works like a social media platform.
You can share your wisdom and experience with others. Who knows what kind of innovative ideas come up. You have the support of the powerful UniOulu Alumni Community.
We create the community together!