Instructions for students during exchange.
During Exchange Checklist
Beginning of your exchange studies
- Attend the orientation arranged by your host university.
- Enroll in your host university.
- Tuition fees are not applicable for students participating in an exchange programme. Still, be prepared to pay, for example, for teaching materials, membership fees and corresponding costs.
- If your original course selection alters, remember to write down the changes in your study plan / Changes to Learning Agreement (Erasmus). Let your faculty’s/degree programmes international coordinator know about the changes.
If an accident happens
- Your European Health Insurance Card as well as your own insurance will help.
- Your host university may also provide some kind of an insurance for the students. Find out more as soon as you arrive.
- If needed, contact International Services at the University of Oulu: international.office(at)oulu.fi
Advertise the University of Oulu, Oulu and Finland
- Be active and take part in events where you can promote Finland, Oulu and the University of Oulu
- University of Oulu marketing materials available on the Marketing Materials page
- Examples of other good sources: Visit Finland and Visit Oulu webpages
Share your exchange experience
- If you keep a blog during your exchange, we are happy to publish it on Experiences from around the World page for other students to read. Your blog might be a huge help to someone planning on going on exchange. Please send your blogs address to: international.office(at)oulu.fi.
Before leaving back to Finland
- Ask for a Transcript of Records from your host university and take it with you as well as the detailed descriptions of courses, literature lists, etc.
Erasmus student! Also remember these:
- Ask your host university’s representative to write down the starting and ending dates of your exchange period on the Letter of Confirmation and sign it.